Considered by some a desert rat and dreamer who frequently escapes into the world for dad-like adventures. Professionally I am Software Engineer.
I recently joined Planet Labs, where the group has carved out a new role within the Platform Operations team - Operational Readiness Engineering.
I have a rich past working in Open Source; as a project maintainer and core contributor with IBM and Mozilla. The two and a half years between Mozilla and Planet were spent exploring Reliability Engineering.
Interesting professional moments:
- Shifting from IC roles with a Test Engineering orientation to Site Reliability and Operational Readiness.
- Firefox Interoperability Engineering Manager and the adventures therein.
- Selenium project contributor, Python bindings.
- Community manager and evangelist; maintained communities in North and South America, Canada, and Europe.
- Forever indebted to the Romanian and South African OSS communities <3
- Brought interns onto our teams using outreachy.org as a vehicle to elevate those impacted by systemic bias and underrepresentation.
- SIGAccess, created pathways to progress leading edge Accessibility research, moving work into open source tools for UX and developer teams.
- Partnering with and creating OSS curricula and teaching engagements with universities.